Suffolk County Council will be tendering for a new Whole Life Advocacy Service to start from April 2022. This will include advocacy support for children, young people and adults.
We want to hear the views and experiences from people who have used advocacy, or been involved in it, to help us shape and co-produce the new service.
Suffolk Learning Disability Partnership have arranged a virtual meeting to discuss this on Tuesday 27th July 2021 from 10.30am – 12.00pm.
James, our inpatient peer Mental Health Advocate and Jayne our CEO will be at this event and we would like to invite anyone who has used advocacy, or been involved in advocacy to also join us in at this event.
The event is on Eventbrite and you can register to attend HERE
At the event we will be asking:
- What does the word advocacy mean to you?
- Was it easy for you to access advocacy services and what support did you need or want?
- Where do you get information about advocacy services in Suffolk?
- If you have had advocacy support yourself, acted as an advocate, or supported an individual, what has worked well and what could have worked better?
- What do you think are the top 3 things that make good advocacy?
- What do you think are the most important things for an advocacy service to deliver?
- How important is it to consider Climate Change when delivering advocacy services?