Suffolk User Forum is the voice for emotional wellbeing and mental health in the east and west of Suffolk County.
During COVID-19 our SUF team are providing weekly telephone support to SUF members, chatting through how things are going, discussing any worries, and offering wellbeing support such as self care tips, goal setting and planning.
Working with Ipswich and East Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) we are assisting Two Rivers Medical Centre and Felixstowe Road Medical Practice with wellbeing support to people who are shielding because of their health condition and some people who need help for other reasons. Click on the information button below called Times Ten Together-Telephone Support.
We are working with Suffolk County Council and Commissioners to support self care during COVID-19 with Thrive for Five publications, containing self-care tips based on the five ways for wellbeing – Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning, Give.
We are continuing to provide advocacy and engagement services, working to ensure that providers and planners understand the lived experience of people with mental health needs, using this feedback to improve and develop services to better meet peoples needs.
- Our engagement team, meet people to gather and collate their experiences, reporting back (anonymously) to service providers and commissioners offering insights into the lived experience, supporting a process called co-production.
- We support people, family carers and professionals to work together as equal partners to design, develop, commission, deliver and review mental health services, information and advice.
- Focusing on peoples lived experience, we influence decision making, transforming services to better meet people’s needs.
- We ensure no one is alone with mental health needs and that we all have the information we need, to get the support and help when we need it.
- We check that information is consistent, accurate, accessible and up to date, so that we have the opportunity to know what is going on in our community and to make more informed choices.
Our Mission is to be an inclusive and trusted mental health user led network that values, promotes and strengthens the user voice for positive change, independence, human rights, choice and control.
Our Vision is to become the leading organisation in Suffolk, championing equal and valued partnerships between mental health service users, commissioners and providers; combining mutual strengths and experience to improve services, achieving positive emotional and mental health for all.
Our values are;
- We are caring and compassionate
- We speak out & together we make a difference
- We are open, honest and trustworthy
- We are inclusive and have people at our heart