Suffolk User Forum is the voice for mental health service users in the east and west of Suffolk County.
We provide advocacy and engagement services, working to ensure that providers and planners understand the lived experience of people with mental health needs, using this feedback to improve and develop services to better meet peoples needs.
- Our engagement team, meet people to gather and collate their experiences, reporting back (anonymously) to service providers and commissioners offering insights into the lived experience, supporting a process called co-production.
- This is where people, carers and professionals by working together as equal partners can design, develop, commission, deliver and review mental health services, information and advice. This process provides the opportunity for people with lived experience, to be involved in decision making, transforming services to better meet theirs and other people’s needs, delivering on mental wealth for all communities in Suffolk.
- A key part of our role is to ensure that people with mental health needs have the information that they need, when they need it; that this is easy to access and to understand. We check that information is consistent, accurate, accessible and up to date, so that people have the opportunity to know what is going on in their community and to make more informed choices.
Our Mission is to be an inclusive and trusted mental health user led network that values, promotes and strengthens the user voice for positive change, independence, human rights, choice and control.
Our Vision is to become the leading organisation in Suffolk, championing equal and valued partnerships between mental health service users, commissioners and providers; combining mutual strengths and experience to improve services, achieving emotional and mental wealth for all.
Our values are;
- We are caring and compassionate
- We speak out & together we make a difference
- We are open, honest and trustworthy
- We are inclusive and have people at our heart