Our Board of Trustees values the voice of lived experience, to ensure that together we can make a difference to service improvement and development.
If you are passionate about emotional well-being and mental health, and would like a strategic role that enables you to make a difference consider becoming a SUF trustee.
We actively encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black Asian Minority Ethnic groups, women and younger people, as they are currently under represented on our Trustee Board.
The role of the trustee is a rewarding one, as our trustees are central to our organisations leadership, governance, strategic direction and team support.
Our Trustee Board:
- Meets about 10 times per year, at our office in Kesgrave, Ipswich.
- Focuses on our charitable objectives, ensuring we are an inclusive and trusted mental health user led network, that values, promotes and strengthens the user voice for positive change, independence, human rights, choice and control.
- Sets the overall strategic direction.
- Scrutinises our processes and decisions.
- Ensures our standards of governance are upheld and maintained.
- Our trustee board is friendly, ensuring new trustees are supported with induction and training.
If you would like to support us in this exciting role, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org sending your CV.
Please note that the trustee role in SUF is voluntary and is not a paid position. All applicants will be invited to an informal interview.