Suffolk’s suicide prevention steering group has launched a new service to support individuals, families and others bereaved by suicide.
The AMPARO service, operated by Listening Ear, works in close partnership with the police, coroner service and other partners to offer support following notification of a suspected suicide, including 1-2-1 individual support, practical help and signposting to local services that can help.
AMPARO SUFFOLK can offer support following a suicide in a range of ways, including:
- One to one individual support
- Help with any media enquiries
- Practical support when dealing with the Police or Coroner
- Help overcoming feelings of isolation
- Putting you in touch with local services that can help
AMPARO means ‘shelter’ or ‘safe haven’ in the Spanish language and offers a discreet and completely confidential service.
AMPARO SUFFOLK can also support communities, schools and workplaces in the event of a suspected or actual suicide.
Call 0330 088 9255 or email email@example.com