Suffolk User Forum is a registered charity (No: 1133457) and will be referred to as “SUF”
or “we” in these terms and conditions.
1. You are responsible for informing us of changes to your personal details.
2. All Members agree that email addresses and other personal details provided to SUF may be used for administrative purposes. SUF may also send you relevant information where we feel this would be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, telephone or email.
3. Membership runs on an annual basis and is renewed on 1st October of every year.
4. When each membership period comes to an end, a renewal confirmation will be issued and membership will be renewed for a further 12 months to ensure continuity. If renewal is not required you must inform SUF at the earliest reasonable opportunity and within 28 days of the end of your membership period.
5. Membership may be terminated at the discretion of SUF if a Member is considered to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
6. Unless stated otherwise, all publications and materials supplied to Members are the copyright work of SUF. Members may not reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell or commercially exploit these materials without the prior written consent of SUF or to the extent expressly permitted by law.
7. All information provided by SUF to Members is on an “as is basis”. Whilst SUF makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and relevance of all such information, we cannot guarantee the completeness, quality or non-infringement of third parties’ rights in relation to these materials.
8. SUF may at its absolute discretion refuse the application of an individual to become a member without having to give any reason for its decision. An applicant whose membership application is refused has the right to appeal to a panel of three of its Trustees against the refusal and they will re-consider the application in light of any further information provided by the applicant before reaching a final decision as to whether or not the individual should be admitted as a member.
9. In no event shall SUF be liable to Members or to any other third party for any lost profit, or any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of, or in connection with its representation or engagement work.
10. If the charity is dissolved all Voting Members promise to pay a sum of up to £10 towards the debts and liabilities of the charity if the charity incurs these. This covers both existing members and members who resigned within the previous 12 months of the charity’s closure.
11. The rights of a Member are personal and cannot be transferred or assigned.
12. Membership rights shall cease on a Member’s death or an individual ceasing to be a Member.
13. All members are bound by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of SUF. A
copy of these is available from the SUF Office.