Cost of Living Crisis

Cost of Living Support

With rising costs affecting us all we are sharing information about the support that is available to help with the cost of living and to help us all to know how we can save money through energy saving tips.

If you are already receiving Healthy Together Peer Support, speak to your peer support worker to find out more about the support available to you.

The following websites are also helpful.

Help for Households

This website provides information on:

  • Cost of Living Payments.
  • Help with your energy bills
  • Energy Bills Support Scheme
  • Cost of Living Payment
  • Disability Cost of Living Payment
  • Pensioner Cost of Living Payment
  • Winter fuel payments
  • Cold weather payments

Suffolk County Council

You can also look at the Suffolk County Council website and their information on cost of living support. This provides information on:

  • Benefits, money and debt
  • Food and essentials, including food banks
  • Fuel and energy
  • Housing costs
  • Keeping warm

They also have an online booklet that shares more local support and information. This can be read HERE

Energy Bills Support Scheme discount

If you are on a prepayment metre and are having problems getting your Energy Bills Support Scheme discount or redeeming your vouchers, ask your Healthy Together peer support worker to help you with this.

Council Tax

Did you know that there are Council tax exemptions and discounts that are available to claim if we have a mental health condition permanently affects our ability to perform normal daily tasks.

If you or someone you live with is diagnosed with a ‘severe mental impairment’, which includes living with a severe mental illness (SMI) you could be eligible for a council tax exemption or discount. You can find out more through the following websites.

How Council Tax works: Discounts for disabled people – GOV.UK (

Council Tax exemption : Mental Health & Money Advice (

To apply for the discount or exemption you will need to apply to your local district or borough council.

If you are not sure which is your council, you can enter your postcode on GOV.UK to find your local council.