We are an independent mental health user led, involvement, peer support and advocacy organisation.
- Listening and giving people a voice by opening up conversations about mental health and emotional wellbeing, is at the heart of our organisation.
- We do this by gathering peoples stories and providing a platform so their stories can be heard.
- We believe that peoples individual stories empower service user leadership which is essential to improve services and to make a difference to the experience of others.
- We report peoples’ experiences in our publication ‘Making Our Voice Count’ which is presented to strategic leaders, mental health providers and the Care Quality Commission, informing decision making.
- We work to ensure mental health care, suicide prevention and wellbeing support is accessible, high quality, supportive, compassionate, and fair. Built on listening to and understanding the lived experience, addressing health, discrimination, and social inequalities.
- By promoting and enabling meaningful involvement and coproduction between service users, family carers, commissioners, and providers, together we continue to make positive change happen.
There is only one organisation I would ever recommend to people who have mental health and need help. That is Suffolk User Forum.
They are great…I only ever hear wonderful things about themService User