Mental health services in east & west Suffolk
Suffolk User Forum is the mental health service user led charity for Suffolk working to promote emotional and mental health for all. We work to be an inclusive and trusted user led network that values, promotes and strengthens your voice for positive change, independence, human rights, choice and control.
NHS Ipswich & East Suffolk and NHS West Suffolk clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) want to transform the way mental health provision is delivered across the county.Suffolk User Forum, Suffolk Family Carers and Suffolk Parent Carer Network are co-ordinating a whole host of mental health workshops, events and surveys to gather feedback on the current services. Healthwatch Suffolk will then gather and analyse the feedback before preparing a report making a case for change for the CCGs’ governing body meetings in November 2018.
Our main work focus for the summer and early autumn of 2018 therefore is to ensure people living in east and west Suffolk are being urged to have their say about local mental health services as part of a unique engagement opportunity.
As well as delivering workshops and events to find out more about new thinking for emotional well-being and mental health, there are surveys thorugh which you can share your views.
How to share your views through the #AVeryDifferentConversation surveys
- The surveys have been designed and are available online, through survey monkey.
- You can complete these on line or you can print off and complete a paper copy, and return to Suffolk User Forum using our Free-Post address;
Suffolk User Forum
The New Hollies,
Grange Business Centre,
Tommy Flowers Drive,
Kesgrave, Ipswich, IP5 2BY
- SUF is also arranging workshops to provide the opportunity for our members to meet together with us to discuss the survey questions, in an open forum. Dates to be arranged soon.
Where do I find the surveys?
- People who use, or have previously used mental health services, can open the survey HERE
- Carers of people who use, or have previously used mental health services, can open the survey HERE
- Professionals who work in mental health services or support people with mental health needs can open the survey HERE
These surveys were launched on 2nd July 2018 and will remain open until 31st August 2018
Workshops - building a system wide movement for change!
The workshops are designed to explore what is possible and to embrace a very different conversation, through;
- exploring different thoughts;
- different views;
- what excites us;
- the evidence for change;
- promoting what is done well.
The following Workshops are open to all!
Collaborative Leadership - Guest Speakers Tod Sullivan and Phil Aves from Lowestoft Academy and Lowestoft Rising, 17th July 2018.
Overview of Suffolk Needs Met - Guest Speaker Ezra Hewing from Suffolk Mind, 18th July 2018.
How do I find out more about the events and workshops for #AVeryDifferentConversation?